An Orthodontist work to give you the perfect smile. This includes a variety of braces that fit comfortably into your mouth to naturally give you the desired effect.
Fixed or removable braces are used to correct miss-aligned, crowded and uneven teeth in both adults and children. The range of styles allows you to find the best braces to fit into your day-to-day life. Our fixed options include:
- Invisible incognito and lingual (Fitted behind the teeth)
- Tooth coloured braces
- Traditional metal braces.
In addition to the fixed braces we offer the later Invisalign Technology; removable, clear and practically invisible aligners.
For more information on our orthodontist treatments and what they can do for your teeth in the Surrey, Berkshire, Wokingham get in touch via our contact page.
Invisalign is the virtually invisible alternative to metal braces. Invisalign treatment is a comprehensive and highly innovative process which can treat a variety of orthodontic situations.
The process starts with impressions, photos and x-rays being taken so your treatment can be planned and sent to laboratories. On your next visit, advanced laser scanning and software processes allow us to view the entire treatment on a computer generated model from start to finish. The beauty of this treatment is that the results can be view prior to any active treatment.
You can then work with our professionals to change the treatment and outcome until you’re happy with the proposed final results. This way the treatment is predictable and we are able to estimate the length of the treatment.
Once we have agreed the Clinic check, the clear aligners are fabricated; each one slightly different to gradually move your teeth into the desired position. It takes approximately 2-4 weeks to change each aligner; although the treatment length will depend on each individual case.
If you dread the thought of a mouthful of metal to straighten your teeth, Invisalign may to be the solution for you. Contact us today for this alternative, or visit us in our Wokingham Clinic.
Click here for more information on dental implants.
Occlusal disease is a complex dental problem associated with the jaw joint and bite. The symptoms you might experience from such aliments include:
- Clicking or grating noises through jaw movement
- Difficulty or stiffness on opening or closing your mouth
- Swelling or tenderness over the joint
- Headaches and migraines (Especially first thing in the morning)
- Pain in the face, neck and chewing muscles (Pain may also be felt in the shoulders and neck)
- Pain in your ear; possibly with ringing noises.
Problems such as these can arise from a variety of things, the most common being stress and grinding your teeth at night. The treatments for these problems are designed around your individual need after careful planning and analysis.
First line solution is often an occlusal splint (Night Guard); this is carefully manufactures and adjusted over a period of if time to relax the muscles and place the jaw joint in a comfortable position.
Once the pain has been resolved over a prolonged period, restorative and/or orthodontic treatment may be required as a long term solution to help prevent future problems.
This would be carefully planned and treatment would depend on the severity of the initial problem.
The smile is the key focal point of the face; those who are proud of their smile stand out from the crowd and exude confidence. If you weren’t born with the smile of your dreams, we can create it for you with our smile transformation and cosmetic dentistry.
With our careful planning, protocol and modern technology the results are astonishing and predictable. With good home care and regular dental visits, your teeth can last a lifetime. The steps to a new smile are as follows:
- The first step includes a discussion with one of our consults about your desires and concerns in reference to the process.
- A personalised smile transformation design will then be developed. This may involve a number of aspects such as pre-alignment with the revolutionary invisalign, porcelain veneers, crowns and bridgework.
- Measurements, impression and photographs will then be taken.
- Using a stone model called a diagnostic wax prototype, we are then able to view your new smile in 3-D. You can check the anticipated final results from all angles and we can carefully analyse any specifics. (We strongly believe in minimal intervention and will take steps to ensure that the very least in tooth removal is undertaken to achieve a beautiful result. Your teeth will not be touched until you’re happy with the proposed result.)
- Once you’re happy to proceed, the teeth are sculpted and prototype restorations which are perfect replicas of the 3-D model are places. At this stage we are testing your new teeth and making any changed that you wish. Changes may include size, shape and contour. We will not proceed with the smile transformation unless you’re 100% happy at this stage.
- The final stage involves the removal of the prototype restorations and placing of your new smile; made by our finest team of technicians and ceramists.
The finest of detail will be created in terms of colour, surface characteristics and anatomy; giving you a unique wonderful smile that you cannot help showing off.
For more in depth information about Teeth whitening treatments that we can offer, then visit our whitening page for all the information you will need plus a tooth whitening video.
The key to successful dentistry starts with a comprehensive examination. Over the years of practicing the art of dentistry we have developed our own unique initial examination to address every aspect of your oral health which involves:
- Jaw joint analysis
- Facial symmetry and proportions
- Muscle analysis and evaluation where necessary
- Full tooth score including the use of a digital diagnostic aids
- Full gun score including percentages on plaque and bleeding levels
- Oral cancer screening
- Soft tissue analysis
- Bite evaluation
- Intra oral photos
- Digital x-rays
An initial comprehensive examination will typically take thirty minutes or longer after which we will discuss the finding with you. In simple cases the options for treatment will be given with a printed treatment plan and estimate. For more advanced cases, a written more detailed report will be provided.
For very complex cases, a further appointment of an hour will be required for a full case assessment. This is usually the case for mouth reconstructions, multiple implants, heavy tooth wear cases and cosmetic smile transformation cases.
Our Prices are set very carefully always to ensure we delivery good value. This is after considering the cost of providing the best treatment we can possibly provide using:-
- only the best materials
- In the best surroundings
- Services of best technicians
- Sufficient time taken to perfect each procedure
- No shortcuts, No cutting corners, personalising each treatment
- Will not compromise of any of the above
In short, we might be beaten on price, but we will not be beat on service and value. (Consultation and x-rays and free consultations are available.)